When most people think of spending time in the Rockies they probably imagine skiing, snowboarding and other Winter activities. At Rocky Mountain Black Car we understand that most people think of Colorado and associate it with the slopes. However, what most people don’t know is that Colorado actually has over 300 days of sunshine and has some beautifully toasty summers. If you are already living in Colorado or planning a trip here this Summer, you may want to consider some of the following activities.
Once the snow starts to melt and the sun starts to shine many Coloradins turn their attention from the slopes to the rivers. Some of the best places to go water rafting are found in:
- The Colorado River – You can start this journey off from Breckenridge and Glenwood Springs. We recommend staying at the Breckenridge Resort to enjoy all the other wonderful amenities the resort has to offer.
- Roaring Fork River – You can find this starting point near Aspen and the river pours out into Glenwood Springs.
- Idaho Springs – If you are a beginner and looking for a guided rafting experience you can find that in Idaho Springs, located not far outside of Denver.
Another popular activity in the Summer months throughout Colorado is going mountain biking. Some of the best places to mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies include:
- Breckenridge/Summit County – Summit County has about 250 miles of singletrack inside its borders. However, on Singletracks we count at least 812 miles of mountain bike trails within a 25-mile radius of Breckenridge, making it the #1 mountain bike destination
- Crested Butte – Crested Butte boasts hundreds of miles of the most picturesque high-alpine trails anywhere, all surrounding a quaint western mountain town with great food and beer.
- Durango – According to the local advocacy group, Trails 2000, there is over 300 miles of trail accessible within 30 minutes of downtown Durango, with that number rapidly growing as you draw the circle wider and wider.
Another fun activity to enjoy in the Rockies is zip lining in Winter Park, Colorado. At Aerial Adventures you and your companions can enjoy over 24 courses and adventure challenges. For more information you can visit Aerial Adventures to get yourself all zipped up and ready to go!
Hiking The Rockies
Outside of all the high intensity activities, the Rocky Mountains are a beautiful place to pack a lunch, strap on your boots and go on a good old fashioned hike. Rocky Mountain National Forrest has multiple trails for you and your family to enjoy. You’re likely to see wildlife and enjoy sunny weather as you hike along the mountain trails.
Need A Ride?
If you are traveling to Colorado and are in need of a black car service from Denver International Airport to your destination in the Mountains we are happy to serve you. Simply contact us or book your black car reservation online.