As the busy season ramps up for skiing and snowboarding in Colorado, it’s always fun to see which resorts visitors tend to flock to this time of year. With multiple Ski Resorts and mountain runs within Colorado, there are plenty of options for both Colorado residents and visitors to choose from. Here are some of the most popular choices when it comes to skiing and snowboarding destinations.
Vail Resort is one of the most popular places for ski and snowboarders to visit during the Winter months in Colorado. There are many reasons why this resort and mountain is so popular:
- The Mountain: With over 1,655 acres of skiable terrain, it is no wonder Skiers love to take to these slopes. There are over 31 lifts, 195 trails and about 356 inches of snowfall a season at Vail.
- The Resort: Connected by pedestrian-friendly heated streets, Vail Village is the perfect place for families to stroll after a long day on the slopes or even for groups to bar hop at night. The country’s largest free transportation system runs frequently, making it easy to access almost anywhere in the Vail area without the hassle of driving.
- Restaurants & Shopping: There are numerous options for both dining and shopping at Vail Resort. Whether you are looking for a juicy burger and beer after run or a juicy steak and a nice wine at night, Vail mountain has you covered!
For the more laid back skier or snowboarder Breckenridge might be the perfect match for you. With a fun, young and laid back atmosphere paired with some serious runs, Breckenridge is the perfect place for people looking to have a great time. Some of the best things about Breckenridge are:
- The Mountain: Breckenridge mountain has over 2,908 acres of skiable terrain for visitors. Over 187 runs, 34 lifts and also includes parks for more adventures skiers and snowboarders.
- The Resort: As previously mentioned, Breckenridge is a more laid back town, a “real town” as locals like to describe it, with a mixture of all types of characters. There is never a dull moment in the town of Breckenridge and you are always sure to find a good time. Whether you are checking out the arts districts or on a pub crawl, you are guaranteed fun wherever you go.
- Restaurants & Shopping: While you can find more upscale dining within Breckenridge, you are much more likely to enjoy one of the more laid back restaurants and breweries that Breckenridge has to offer. If you are looking for more of a resort feel, Breckenridge may not be the place for you!
Need A Ride?
Should you be visiting Colorado from out of town for the ski season, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Rocky Mountain Black Car to set up your ride from DIA to either Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek and more. Give us a call or you an book your online reservation today!